10. Because in church you are equipped to do the works of ministry! God wants you doing works of ministry – preaching the gospel, teaching the kingdom and healing the sick; and church is where He wants to teach and train you how to do that.
9. Because the church is a body and a body needs all its parts to relate to one another.
8. Because you need to set an example to your family that they need to develop a habit of regularly going to church. We have had in-laws and outlaws and all sorts visit, and they would say “don’t go to church this Sunday, let the children spend time with us”. We have never done that because we have trained and set an example to our children that church is vital to their Christian discipleship.
7. Because you need a storehouse to give to financially and invest in.
6. Because there is nothing like worshipping God with the people of God!
5. Because all those people you are witnessing to and winning to the Lord need somewhere to feed them and love them and nurture them.
4. Because you need a place where you can be consistent and stable. Conferences are an awesome buzz, special services can do some good, Bible Colleges can get you a jump start in the Christian faith and life, but you will never have a consistent life of victory without being plugged into a church
3. Because God uses people to sharpen you like iron sharpens iron. As you encounter people in the church – people with different views, different backgrounds, different experiences to yourself it sharpens you and makes you a more effective person.
2. Because if you get sick, fall out with your wife, lose your job, go through tough times – the TV evangelist won’t turn up at your house at 2am and pray with you and minister life to you. Elders and the pastors will.
1, Because Jesus Christ said “I will build my church” and if you ever want to spend your life building with Jesus and not your own kingdom and own empire, you have to be involved in church. That’s not meeting a couple of guys down the pub and calling it church, it’s where there there is a genuine pastor, called of God, appointing elders and equipping the saints. That’s church. And Jesus is building it – so let’s get with His programme rather than trying to write our own.