You can’t save the world – you can’t help everyone. You are one person who has a finite amount of time, energy and influence. That is a harsh but true fact – and if you try and help everyone in the world then you will go loopy. God in His wisdom has ordained a ministry and a task for you – and that is all you need to do. If you invest your time in people you cannot help, then you will never have the time, resources or energy to help those who need your help. Here are ten groups of people you cannot help:
10. People who think they don’t have a problem.
9. People who think you are their problem.
8. People who refuse to be honest with you.
7. People who fail to honour you.
6. People who refuse to respect your boundaries.
5. People who refuse to take responsibility for their actions.
4. People who think their problem can never be solved (or that it is unique to them and worse than ANY other problem in the world…)
3. People who expect the whole world to bend around them and their needs but never make a compromise to find help.
2. People who accuse you of being judgmental when you are trying to help them onto a higher path (all paths are not equal).
1. People who expect you to invest time, finances, energy and life into solving their problem, but who don’t invest any themselves.
Shake the dust off your feet and go and find some people you can help! Selah!